Charitable Planning and Trusts & Estates Attorney
Seeking a dedicated attorney with 5+ years’ experience in the areas of Charitable Planning and Trusts & Estates to lead a Christian foundation’s charitable planning team. This is a director level role and 100% REMOTE. In the position, you will oversee the Charitable Estate Planning and Complex Gift Planning activities. Ideal candidate is a proven leader with successful experience managing people and processes in a legal or planned giving office context.
Location is flexible as this person can work 100% remote. Monthly travel to their headquarters is required.
The nonprofit organization partners with almost 1000 churches that serve God’s Kingdom. For almost 50 years, the organization has helped generous Christians give more effectively through taxwise charitable gifts.
1. Lead the planning staff, both as a lead planner, and as a supervisor of the team by coordinating work, evaluating effectiveness, and equipping them with resources to accomplish team goals.
2. Work closely with the client relations team to monitor and follow up with clients in the planning process and with completed planned gifts.
3. Serve as senior legal counsel for the foundation, reviewing complex gift arrangements and confirming technical accuracy of marketing and training for the organization.
4. Assist with the management of the organization on both strategic and operational plans to improve the effectiveness of services to members and clients.
5. Work cooperatively with the administrative, member services and marketing teams to ensure effective communication to our current and potential clients as well as efficient gift acceptance and gift administration processes.
The qualifications of the successful candidate for this position include:
1. A passion for helping Christians recognize God’s ownership of everything and the importance of handling what is entrusted to them in a manner that honors God.
2. A Juris Doctorate degree is required.
3. Expertise in charitable estate planning, as well as experience in the areas of trusts and estates, taxation, closely-held businesses or real estate law, is preferred.
4. Seven or more years of experience managing people and processes. Experience supervising professional staff in remote offices is preferred.
5. Ability to manage multiple priorities in an organized manner.
6. Familiar with Reformed theology and beliefs.
7. Excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills.
8. Exceptional client counseling skills.
9. Ability to speak in public.
10. Good analytical skills.
11. Familiarity with using Microsoft office and CRM database programs.
12. Willingness to travel for client meetings, seminars, and additional engagements both during the evenings. Approximately 30-35% of time may be spent in travel.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
If interested in learning more, please send your updated resume to Lauren.Mayo@RobertHaflLegal.com.