Associate Attorney Job Opening
Wagenmaker & Oberly is a boutique law firm which serves as legal counsel to tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations across the country and world. Our team works collaboratively from offices in Chicago, IL and Charleston, SC to advance each client's mission and address their diverse legal issues. Many of our nonprofit clients are faith-based religious and missionary organizations, presenting continuous opportunities for interesting and challenging legal issues across a wide spectrum. Our goal is simple, to be trusted and reliable legal counsel at the forefront of nonprofit law, providing skilled expertise, client-focused solutions, and innovative approaches to advance our clients' interests. More information about our firm, including our firm values, practice areas, and nonprofit law blog is available at www.wagenmakerlaw.com.
We are currently seeking a full-time associate attorney to join either our Chicago or Charleston office. We are interested in 2019 law school graduates, as well as attorneys with more experience.
At Wagenmaker & Oberly, you will find:
- Exciting opportunities to come alongside a wide spectrum of nonprofit organizations engaged in many different types of work in the robust nonprofit sector
- A dedicated team of professional committed to excellence, collaboration, and community engagement
- Mentorship, training, and knowledge to advance our clients' missions and personal growth
- A firm culture committed to the flourishing of our staff and their families, meaningful and interesting work, and exceptional work-life balance and firm culture
- Competitive salaries and benefits
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly for dialoguing in a team environment with staff, clients, and others about a variety of projects
- Prior experience with religious, charitable, and/or educational exempt organizations preferred
In addition, applicants should also be:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and conscientious in carrying out projects and tasks
- Solution-focused, analytical, and professional in their work and communication styles
- Humble, gracious, trustworthy, and highly teachable
- Enthusiastic and committed to contributing meaningfully to positive client relations, personal growth, and firm development
Interested applicants should submit a cover-letter, resume, and writing sample to Paul Winters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a firm, our legal practice is shaped by the following commitments and values.
To be trusted and reliable legal advisors at the forefront of nonprofit law, providing skilled expertise, client-focused solutions, and creative approaches to advance our clients' interests.
To utilize a transparent billing process to deliver high quality work product and innovative collaboration between our legal team and our clients.
To treat clients, co-workers, and others with integrity, respect, and honor of the person, as we would wish to be treated, faithfully serving and advocating for our clients' best interests.
To engage fully with the communities we serve to strengthen the nonprofit sector through meaningful relationships, teaching, pro bono service, and generosity.
One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. Proverbs 11:24-25 (ESV)