SUMMARY OF ROLE
This position is responsible for assisting the General Counsel in the various legal responsibilities of the Foursquare Legal Team.
Classification: Exempt, Full-Time, Remote
If interested, please apply by Friday, February 3.
- Assist the General Counsel in advising the One-Team on legal matters including, but not limited to, contract review (employment, leases, purchase/sale, loan, etc.), contract negotiation, risk management, insurance, retirement, Foursquare bylaws and policies, litigation, etc.
- Assist the General Counsel in managing ongoing litigation, including as liaison with outside attorneys, opposing attorneys, insurance carriers, etc.
- Represent ICFG and its subsidiaries, local churches, pastors, etc. in dealings with courts, law enforcement, opposing attorneys, opposing insurance carriers and other third parties, as necessary
- Advise local churches on legal matters, including, but not limited to, risk management practices, contract review, contract negotiations, Foursquare bylaws and policies, litigation management, liaison with outside attorneys, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by General Counsel
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- Demonstrates humility and a growth mindset with an attitude of servant-leadership; placing serving over being served and collaboration over individualization
- A commitment to The Foursquare one-team growth culture
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school and admission to at least one state bar
- At least 5-8 years of legal representative experience in litigation (experience in contracts, real estate, and/or dealing with insurance companies)
- Familiarity with The Foursquare Church and/or religious nonprofit experience is helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, clear communicator
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Organized, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, create timelines and meet project deadlines; attention to detail
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly; advanced problem-solving abilities
- Experienced with using Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel) including collaboration applications (Teams, etc.)
- Ability to work remotely at home regularly
- Occasional travel required
Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity of fingers, hands and wrists; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the phone; have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.
Job Posted 1/24/23