Associate Attorney Job Opening
Wagenmaker & Oberly is a boutique law firm which serves as legal counsel to the nonprofit sector in the U.S. and globally. Our team works collaboratively from offices in Chicago, IL and Charleston, SC to advance each client’s mission and to address their diverse legal issues. We represent a broad range of nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations. We work within practice groups, including corporate, federal tax, employment, and real estate practice groups, and we have assisted with the formation of hundreds of new nonprofits. Our practice presents continuous opportunities for involvement with interesting and challenging legal issues. Our goal is simple: to be trusted and reliable legal counsel at the forefront of nonprofit law, providing skilled expertise, client-focused solutions, and innovative approaches to advance our clients' interests. More information about our firm, including our firm values, practice areas, and nonprofit law blog is available at www.wagenmakerlaw.com.
We are currently seeking a full-time associate attorney to join our Chicago office. We are interested in recently admitted and mid-level attorneys.
At Wagenmaker & Oberly, you will find:
Exciting opportunities to come alongside a wide spectrum of nonprofit organizations engaged in many different types of work in the robust nonprofit sector
- A dedicated team of professionals committed to excellence, collaboration, and community engagement
- Mentorship, training, and knowledge to advance our clients’ missions and personal growth
- A firm culture committed to the flourishing of our staff and their families, meaningful and interesting work, and exceptional work-life balance and firm culture
- Competitive salaries and benefits
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple and critical deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly for dialoguing in a team environment with staff, clients, and others about a variety of projects
- Prior experience with religious, charitable, and/or educational exempt organizations preferred
In addition, applicants should also be:
Highly organized, detail-oriented, and conscientious in carrying out projects and tasks
- Solution-focused, analytical, and professional in their work and communication styles
- Humble, gracious, trustworthy, and highly teachable
- Enthusiastic and committed to contributing meaningfully to positive client relations, personal growth, and firm development.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Anthea Bradley at email@example.com.