The Head of Legal contributes to the church's overall legal compliance and oversees the Legal and Safety Awareness Teams.
Ministry might not have been the first stop on your journey, but if you’ve been praying to put your years of legal experience to work alongside a team of Kingdom-minded, sold-out, on-fire believers, we’ve got good news. You’re on the right path.
The Legal and Safety Awareness Teams serve the church through legal, transactional, risk management, safety awareness, and insurance practices. We empower our ministries to further the church's mission creatively and teach our teams how to spot and address issues with potential legal implications. We’re looking for an experienced leader to lead this strategic effort, anticipate and analyze legal risks, and find solutions to those risks. We believe the Church is the hope of the world, and this role is critical in paving new legal roads to support and protect church efforts.
Do you read legislative updates for fun? Are you an out-of-the-box thinker that often says “What if…?” then keep reading to see if this role is a perfect fit for you!
Who you are:
- A licensed attorney experienced in litigation and transactional law
- A strategic thinker with a passion for moving our mission forward
- An experienced leader who enjoys developing people and challenging them to grow
- A quick learner who can tackle the intricacies of nonprofit and church law
- An outstanding verbal, written, and oral communicator with skills to clearly explain complicated processes and foster relationships
What you'll do:
- Lead the Legal and Safety Awareness Teams as they serve the church through contract review and creation, real estate transactions, risk management, insurance coverage, and volunteer screening
- Collaborate with leadership to review and advise on current and new initiatives
- Research critical legal updates or changes that affect the church, including legislation, litigation, and municipal, state, federal, and international regulations
- Oversee, strategize, and advise on legal aspects of data privacy interpretation and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and litigation
- Advise leadership and coordinate governance, compliance, and asset protection efforts
For bonus points:
- You think creatively and are not bound by the status quo
- You always read the terms before you click “agree”
- You are self-motivated and make independent decisions
- You multi-task and demonstrate excellent time management while remaining flexible and open to change
To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, please review the job description.
When you join the Life.Church team, our prayer is that your family will be closer, your leadership will be sharper, your finances will be stronger, your faith will be deeper, and your heart will be larger. And while the biggest perk to working at Life.Church is doing work that makes an eternal difference, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
Flexible work arrangements
Generous and immediate time-off
Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
Unparalleled employer 401K contribution match
Casual dress code
Professional development funds
This is a full-time position with flexible work arrangements, based in Edmond, OK. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Life.Church: www.life.church/careers.
Job posted: 7/12/2022