Openings at PJI for a Full-Time Attorney Staff position available in Upstate New York (e.g. Upstate New York locations include Syracuse, Albany, Buffalo, and Rochester areas) at a religious nonprofit legal ministry known as the Pacific Justice Institute.
The practice focuses on religious liberties, sanctity of life, religious nonprofit law, and school law focusing on parent and student rights.
An applicant must be currently admitted to at least one of the above-mentioned State Bars, reside/live in the same State (listed above) in which they are admitted (i.e. Upstate New York), and be willing to travel within that same State as necessary.
This job can be a good fit for a stay-at-home parent who would like to work primarily from home. It may also work for a semi-retired attorney and an entry-level position for a new Admittee to their State Bar who is interested in this area of practice.
You MUST reside and be licensed to practice law in one of the above-mentioned States in which you are applying.
To apply, first, visit pji.org to review samples of representation that this ministry provides along with reading our Mission and "About" page information.
Second, please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter (about why you'd like to work at PJI and why you think you'd be a good fit for PJI along with any other helpful information about experience and skill set after reviewing the PJI website) to us and address the letter to Kevin Snider, Chief Counsel.
This position will remain open until filled.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Hours per week:
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Job posted 1/6/22