Supervisor: Director of Law Student Ministries
Location: Springfield, Virginia
Position Description: To advance the purpose of Christian Legal Society’s Law Student Ministries, this position will provide a dynamic ministry opportunity for those able to lead, innovate, and communicate the Gospel to law students navigating an increasingly complex and mutable social environment. You will be an instrumental part in rebuilding LSM after the pandemic – working closely with the Director in communicating with all law school campuses, studying the campus environment, building partnerships with diverse groups, setting up online conversations on current topics, and seeking to support all CLS chapters and campus partners.
- Collaborative vision-casting with the Director regarding gospel impact on the law school environment, wider culture, and ways to better serve the student chapters.
- Establishing relationships with current and future law student leaders and law school advisors to maintain a Key Contact spreadsheet.
- Keeping current on law school campuses and broader culture movements to encourage Christian law students to reach out to their campus and community with the love of Christ.
- Helping the Director create and complete various projects and resources to establish and maintain vibrant witnessing communities of law students on every law school campus in the nation.
- Assisting other directors in finding innovative ways to integrate the CLS ministries and advance the broader mission.
- Helping communicate with all CLS law school chapters and our affiliate partners.
- Increasing student members and finding new leaders for each campus.
- Assist in planning and organizing the National Law Student Convention, Fellows Program, and other regional conferences / retreats.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Competency in research, writing, and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, designing spreadsheets, and coordinating online events;
- Cross-cultural competence – including conflict resolution and leadership across diverse groups;
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail; and,
- Social acumen and an outgoing spirit for building community.
Because the work is dynamic and complex, candidates with a diversity of skillsets and increased availability will be preferred. All employees must be able to sign the CLS Statement of Faith and subscribe to our Community Life Statement.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position with an emphasis on how your experience aligns with the position’s responsibilities;
- Two or three references with contact information who can speak to your character, talents, and/or spiritual formation.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position but will contact only those to whom we offer an interview. All correspondence should be by email and not by phone.
Job Posted 12/9/21