Christian Legal Society (CLS) is a fellowship of Christians dedicated to serving Jesus Christ through the practice and study of law, the defense of religious freedom and life, and the provision of legal aid to the needy.
Founded in 1961, Christian Legal Society (CLS) seeks to fulfill God’s command found in Micah 6:8 by bringing glory to God by inspiring, encouraging, and equipping Christian lawyers and law students, both individually and in community, to proclaim, love, and serve Jesus Christ through the study and practice of law, through the provision of legal assistance to the poor and needy, and through the defense of the inalienable rights to life and religious freedom.
- To proclaim Jesus as Lord through all we do;
- To defend the religious liberty of all Americans through the legislatures and courts;
- To defend the religious liberty of students to gather on their campuses as Christian organizations;
- To promote justice for the poor, religious liberty, sanctity of human life, and biblical conflict resolution;
- To encourage Christian lawyers to view law as a ministry and help them integrate faith and their legal practice;
- To provide Christian lawyers a means of society and fellowship;
- To encourage and disciple Christian law professors and students;
- To provide a forum for discussing issues related to Christianity and the law;
- To encourage lawyers and law students to serve the poor and needy.