Job Description of NCLS Executive Director
NCLS Executive Director must be a licensed Missouri attorney
At least three years’ experience in civil litigation;
- Must subscribe to the NCLS statement of faith; and
- Must be a member in good standing with a church that has a theological/belief system consistent with the NCLS statement of faith.
- Negotiate and ensure that contracts for rental agreements, liability insurance, and major purchases are properly handled and kept current;
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of NCLS including ensure that all financial obligations are paid promptly;
- Recruit, train, and supervise all staff and volunteers;
- Oversee and participate in development and fundraising activities including periodic lunches and regular outreach events for donors including appearances at sponsoring churches;
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of the quarterly newsletter and ensure that the mailing list is kept current; and
- Plan continuing legal education and other special events.
Oversee the delivery of legal services
- Oversee screening and client interviews;
- On cases that NCLS decides to do direct representation, the executive director should be the lead attorney on a limited number of cases and ensure that either staff or volunteer attorneys are assuming the bulk of the caseload.
- The Executive Director will serve as an ex-officio member of the NCLS board and work with Board President to schedule regular board meetings and be present at the board meetings, providing a director’s report at each meeting;
- Will maintain regular contact and communication with similar providers of pro bono and low-cost legal services, such as Legal Services of Eastern Missouri;
- Will maintain communication with Christian Legal Society, Administer Justice, and other nationally based professional organizations engaged in Gospel Justice; and
- Advocate for justice issues with elected and appointed public offices, media, and community organizations.
Send cover letter and resume to:
President of the Board, NCLS
4236 Lindell, Suite 201
St. Louis, MO. 63108
Job posted: 7/27/2022