Title: Program Launch and Conformity Specialist
Schedule: Regular, Full-time
Working Group: Global Program (GP)
Reports to: Program Launch and Conformity Director
The Program Launch and Conformity Specialist (PLCS) supports the ministry of Convoy of Hope (COH) by assisting the Program Launch and Conformity Director (PLCD) with research and assessment of potential new program countries and international conformity (compliance) issues in existing program countries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports PLCD by conducting research and performing analysis for both program launch and conformity functions.
- Assists with coordination, management, and implementation of conformity functions for Global Program.
- Conducts detailed research and prepares memorandums to provide analysis on key conformity topics.
- Assists with monitoring emerging risks and changing regulatory environments that could have an impact on COH’s operations.
- Facilitates and provides training to International Field Staff on conformity issues.
- Supports PLCD with analyzing and assessing scalability opportunities.
- Assists with managing new country registration and maintaining existing country registrations.
- Provides updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders with analysis on key issues, strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Provides project management for the Conformity Steering Committee and New Country Task Force, including tracking and managing deadlines and deliverables.
- Develops and manages detailed project schedules and work plans.
- Assists with coordinating program launch and conformity topics with other working groups.
- Assists PLCD on coordinating with international legal counsel.
- Ensures confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of assigned projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Juris Doctor preferred; Bachelor’s degree and experience in a relevant field required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in a legal or risk management environment or with compliance topics preferred.
- Previous experience with an NGO or an understanding of requirements NGOs must meet in foreign countries advantageous.
- Ability to perform independent research and provide detailed analysis.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to develop processes and systems.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to be detailed oriented and to follow through.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience with demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to be detail oriented and to follow through.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Significant cross-cultural understanding and awareness is required to handle sensitive issues and maintain vital relationships.
- Serve as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden and develop financial and other resource opportunities to support and expand organizational and program ministry.
- Ability to positively represent the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside constituencies.
- As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that each staff member embraces the organization's religious purposes for which it exists and not only agrees with its Statement of Faith but demonstrates it in their lives on an ongoing basis.
- Position based in Springfield, Missouri.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at this time.
Job posted: 7/22/2022