Small Christian law firm in the Loop is seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal to work in our firm starting immediately. The litigation paralegal works with attorneys and will perform many tasks for our firm’s court cases, both state and federal. They are a valuable part of the legal team often working on all phases of a case from beginning to end.
- Required to perform routine office duties such as editing, photocopying, and scanning of court documents and other underlying documents on behalf of the attorneys.
- Must be able to or willing to learn to draft routine legal documents, such as motions, pleadings, and written discovery. - Must be familiar with the basic rules of serving court and other legal documents and communicating with courts. - Must be able to electronically file documents in State, Federal, and Appellate Courts.
- Must maintain the litigation calendars and docket upcoming events.
- Order court reporters and make other necessary arrangements for depositions
- Assist the attorneys in the collection, organization, and indexing of written discovery, document production, exhibits and court filed documents.
- Beyond routine office duties, the litigation paralegal is often called on to assist the attorneys in communications with clients, witnesses and opposing counsel.
- Perform limited legal research. Knowledge of citation rules and Westlaw is a plus. - Back up to other paralegals in providing corporate, real estate and other services as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining litigation files, reviewing and preparing material for electronic storage so physical files can be easily disposed of once a case has closed.
- Knowledge of the legal system and courts’ e-filing system
- Must possess proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong written and oral skills along with great attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- Must be a positive individual who has a willingness to learn - Preferred to have prior experience working in an office environment under supervision of others
- Experience in probate matters is a plus
Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate from accredited institution
Salary and Benefits
Salary is to commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, IRA contribution, health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Job posted 5/4/22